There are tons of ways to stay fit and save money by doing some easy exercises at home. You can do these exercises without the need for any equipment, just a chair or mat. All you need to do is pick a few and add them to your daily routine.
One of the easiest ways to get fit without equipment is doing some exercise at home. You can do this by either using your chair or the floor. For example, take a look at these easy exercises you can do with nothing but a chair. By doing this exercise, you are focusing on your arms and legs while strengthening them. You should not use heavy weights to strengthen your back muscles as it is very dangerous. It will also help you tone your muscles and help you lose weight; below are some of the exercises you can try at your comfort.
Here are some at-home exercises you can try:
1. The Chair Squats
The chair squats are great for toning your legs and is a very easy exercise to do just by using a sturdy chair or stool with no arms. Simply stand in front of the chair and squat down as if you were about to sit on it until your bottom reaches the edge of the chair. Then, hold for a few seconds and rise back up to return to your starting position.
2. Chair Pose
Chair pose is great for strengthening your core and lower body muscles while also increasing stamina and balance. Start by standing with your feet together and hands at your sides, then lunge forward onto one leg so that both knees form 90-degree angles, keeping your back flat. Hold this for 15 seconds, then stand up straight again to complete one repetition.
3. The Plank PoseThe Plank pose can be done anywhere without any equipment and is great for strengthening your core muscles. Get down on the floor on all fours, make sure your hands are directly under shoulders and toes tucked under.When starting your workout at home, the first thing to do is choose a reliable sports shop that offers the best outfit for work-out.
4. Side Plank
Side Plank pose can also be done anywhere without any equipment and is great for strengthening your side muscles and improving flexibility in the entire body. Get in a regular plank position but rest on one forearm while keeping your hips in a straight line from head to heels. If you need more of a challenge, raise your top leg about 6 inches off the floor.
5. Knee RaisesKnee raises are great for building core strength and toning your lower abs; you can do this exercise by lying face-down on the floor with arms along the sides of your body or clasped under your neck. Then get up on all fours like in Plank pose, raise one leg off the ground toward the ceiling, keeping your knee bent at a 90-degree angle.
6. Abdominal CrunchesAbdominal crunches are one of the most popular abdominal exercises around. They can be done anywhere without any equipment or using something as simple as a towel or pillow to place under your head. First, lie flat on your back with knees bent and feet on the floor, then lift your shoulder blades off the floor.
7. Boat PoseThe boat pose is great for strengthening and toning your abdominal muscles and upper thighs, so you'll get a nice looking body along with maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Start by sitting with legs extended in front of you and arms bent at 90-degree angles, so they form an "N" by your sides. Then lean back and lift feet a few inches off the floor, keeping your legs extended but knees only slightly bent.
8. Tree Poses
Tree poses are great for improving balance and concentration and strengthening your back muscles which is essential if you have a desk job because you're constantly sitting down, which can cause bad posture and lower back pain. For the tree poses, you start standing straight, then bring one leg up and rest your foot against the inside of your thigh while holding onto a wall or a sturdy object for support. Keep your back straight, and your eyes fixed on one point in front of you to avoid losing balance. When you feel stable, raise your hands overhead, then slowly lower them until they're by your sides.
9. Side Leg Lifts
Side leg lifts are great for strengthening the muscles in the side of the body while also improving flexibility which is important if you sit down all day at a desk job. For this exercise, you start out by lying flat on your back with knees bent and feet together, then lift one leg toward the ceiling until it's straight but don't let it rest against the wall or ceiling; keep it elevated about 3 inches from the wall or ceiling to complete one repetition.
Aside from staying at home to exercise, you can also have some fresh air while riding your bike. No need to go to the gym to exercise; just strolling along with your bike is enough.
10. Standing Hamstring CurlsStanding hamstring curls are a great stretch for your hamstrings which you probably know if you sit all day at a desk job because they get tight and can cause lower back pain. For this exercise, you start out by standing with feet hip-width apart, hands clasped in front of you, then slowly lunge forward at the hips until your upper body is parallel to the floor while keeping both feet firmly planted on the floor only using your hands for balance.
You don't have to spend money on the gym when you can stay fit by using some of these easy at-home exercises that only require a few things like a chair, mat or towel. You'll get strong core muscles in no time with our list of 10 exercises and improve flexibility while also saving money!